1. Become more Culturally Conscientious – Our country is a melting pot. Full of people with diverse backgrounds. Take some time to understand a culture that you do not know much about. Learn about their beliefs, the clothing they wear and why. Try some of the foods they enjoy and if possible attend a festival or some other social gathering. Our country stands at the precipice of becoming a completely divided nation. It is within our control to change that. Love conquers All!
2. Check for Charitable Donations- We have so much and sometimes don’t think others can benefit from what we think is no longer usable. Shoes, Clothing, Food, housewares and numerous other items can be donated to help someone else. Try giving to an organization that gives these things away for free. Some local schools take clothes to give to students that may not have coats and other items. Please don’t throw them away!
3. Plant a tree! One tree supplies 260 pounds of oxygen, enough for a family of four. If you can’t plant a large tree, then try plants. Green plants such as Aloe Vera, Gerber Daisys and Peace Lilys are excellent choices.
4. Practice Kindness! Is there someone that will not speak to you when they see you and you wonder what their deal is? Just say Hello! You might not know them personally, but for those few seconds on the elevator or whatever the case may be you are sharing the same space. Some people won’t respond. Some just weren’t taught that when you enter a room you should say Hello or Good Morning. If you didn’t know. Now you do. Say Hello every time you see them. It may or may not work but you’ve done your part!
5. Be a part of your Village! Be cognizant of what’s going on in your neighborhood. Look out for one another. Report suspicious behaviors and look out for the children, even if they do not belong to you! We must all do our part to make sure that our children are being led in the right directions and protected from danger.
On a personal level! Take care of yourself. Take on a new hobby. Learn something you’ve always wanted to learn. Don’t watch the same movies or shows over and over again. Change your walking route. Read, Meditate, Exercise and Pray.
Whatever you do enjoy life! Have a wonderful and blessed New Year!!!