WEDDING ETIQUETTE FOR THE BRIDE AND GROOM AND YES, THE GUESTS!
- SENDING INVITATIONS – If someone tells you that they have a conflict and cannot attend your wedding, DO NOT send them an invitation unless they are a close friend or family member. DO explain to them that you are sending the invitation as a keepsake.
- PHOTO SHARING – Ask permission. This is the Bride and Groom’s day. They may not want to share it with the world. Announcements are sometimes made at the reception, but typically not before the wedding. Don’t assume it’s okay.
- PLUS ONE – DO send a invitation with a plus one for those that you know are in a committed relationship. Your obligation ends here. If you extended a plus one for all your single guest you can kiss your budget goodbye.
- GIFT REQUIREMENTS – Engagement Party –NO. Bachelorette Party –NO. Bridal Shower –YES. Wedding…Don’t even try it –YES!
- ATTIRE – Respect the traditions, religion and other practices of the Bride and Groom.
- BUDGET – Respect your Budget. You are invited because you mean something to the Bride and Groom. Do you have to travel to get there? Do you have to pay for a hotel? Rental Car? Don’t attend if you can’t afford it. Decline but do send a nice gift instead. Most weddings are planned a year in advance. Plan ahead so that you can be a part of this special day.
- TIMING – Please be punctual. Yes, many weddings do run a little late, but that doesn’t mean that you can. Assume that everything will be on schedule.